maandag 27 januari 2014

reverse looking forward.

The six months to come I'll be interning at the Economic Section of the Dutch embassy in Tbilisi, which is covering both Georgia and Armenia. I've been here before, in 2009 - so this country and this city are somewhat familiar, somewhere, to me. 

In 2009 I was a fresh third year on a two-week study trip with the Dutch United Nations Student Association. I kept a journal and I made lots of photos. The journey strengthened my love for  the long belt of countries in between the Russian and Persian worlds. So I bought a better photo camera and in the years to come I travelled to Russia, Iran, the Ukraine and Kygyzstan. Also, Georgia was one of the many reasons to choose a masters in Middle East & Central Asian Security Studies at the University of Saint Andrews, which I finished last year. 

Here's some of my best memories:






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten