donderdag 17 april 2014

striking usual.

I don't know if it's day-to-day anthropology, but on my way to work every day, I notice all these things which are very usual here in Georgia - but which I never saw in Western Europe. It's not that it's more simple stuff, but just different. I really do like these small things that remind me I'm abroad! 

Like the 24-hour shops! They are literally everywhere - I think there are at least four of them at fifty meters of my place - but this one is the nearest. Just around the corner!


But I shouldn't forget this one, near the embassy - because they have fruit, which is a peculiarity. 
 

And in case you didn't know, some of these shops make profit. 


There's a lot of street sellers as well, but you're never sure if they're selling their whole household to survive, or if they just anticipating on the market. 
 

Also quite nice, are the omnipresent grapevines. They are literally all over the place - on apartment complexes, garages, and sometimes even in gardens. Once I saw them in a vineyard. 
 

Actually, this is Armenia. But the мойка's were so ubiquitous, that you couldn't miss them. And I never see them in Georgia! It means something like 'washing', and that's what you're doing there. 
 
 
Something I really enjoy is the drying of laundry in between balconies of apartment complexes. There's a ingenious system of pulleys involved. And it just looks very cheerful.




I still don't really know why they are painting their trees almost everywhere in the world, but not in my corner of Europe. They should.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten